Pages

Thursday 19 May 2011

Radio

I love radio.

When I was a kid, my mom used to have the CBC radio on in the kitchen when she was busy cooking and baking. Back then, I thought it was boring and kind of old fashioned. "News" was something grown-ups watched and listened to. Now, thirty years later, I find it ironic that I rarely play anything but radio on my ipod docking station which is on my kitchen counter...

My addiction to radio probably has something to do with my need for "adult" conversation during my days at home raising the kids. It's like one side of a completely adult conversation! You can just listen, and you don't have to respond out loud. You can just think what you think.

I've learned a lot about the world listening to the radio, and I've met many interesting and intelligent people. (They just haven't met me!)

Perhaps the best thing about radio however, is the fact that unlike other conversations, you can simply turn it off when you don't like what you hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment