Pages

Monday 27 June 2011

Sugar Free

When I decided to set up my blog, I figured I had a lot to say. Only two blogs later, I think it's time I better say something!!!!

So, I'm going to talk about my recent decision to limit sugar in my house. For me this began a few months ago. I kind of did it cold turkey...no extra sweets, no sugar in my coffee and so on. I made other changes to my diet, but ultimately about 2 and a half months later, I dropped 20 pounds. I have replaced the sugar with an artificial sweetener at times (Splenda), and I would like to kick that next. But for now, I can safely say that I don't eat regular sugar on a regular basis anymore.

I decided that sugar was a secret villain in my household and recently have tried to limit it's amount for my kids as well. For example, I learned recently that one of those long freezies that I used to hand out to my kids on hot summer days, contain as much sugar as a regular can of pop!!! Yikes! I don't let my kids drink pop, so why give it to them in these other forms? In the meantime, I have made many batches of my own popsicles. Here is a great recipe that you can feel good about eating and giving to your kids...(Yes, my 3 year old has even had more than one a day!!!!)

Blend: 1 cup of yogurt, 1/2 cup of crushed pineapple, 6 strawberries and one sliced banana. Pour into popsicle molds and enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment