Pages

Tuesday 20 September 2011

9 Reasons I can Think of to Keep Homeschooling

I'M NOT SURE I SHOULD STILL BE HOMESCHOOLING WHEN....




1. I find my 18mth old walking around on the top bunk after I have removed the ladder and even moved a dresser in front of the climbing bars.

2. Other little ones have enjoyed cat food for a snack.

3. When reading a poem about "fall" and "apples" my five year old can't even hear me.

4. The printer won't work. Again.

5. After re-stocking all the school supplies, NOBODY can find a PENCIL.

6. Nobody can find an ERASER.

7. Nobody can find a RULER. Or a CALCULATOR. All of which we have in multiples of 13.

8. The printer is working! But there is no more ink.

9. Dinner (at lunchtime)  has miraculously been provided, with all the major food groups...and most of the family has the flu.

10. I need a shower because I'm beginning to look like Albert Einstein, and I'm the Mom.

11. We get to do it all again tomorrow.

A FEW REASONS WE ARE STILL HOMESCHOOLING....

1. My kids read. All the time. On the deck when the sun is shinning, or on the couch in front of the fire when it's raining.

2. They love to be home with each other, most of the time.

3. I get to see them learn new things, and see them help others in need of help.(usually me)

4. When school is finished, they are excited about dance, music, and everything else to do in the evening.

5. They love to write.

6. Albert Einstein, Abraham Lincoln, and C.S Lewis were homeschooled and they turned out ok.


7.  We have time to talk.


8. Impromptu trips to the beach with an impromptu picnic.

9. Impromptu lots of things.

I think tomorrow should be one of those days, with a coffee in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment