Pages

Wednesday 14 September 2011

A slice of tired pie


It's been that kind of a week. The kind of week where you wonder if you are going to make it through another year. This week I felt like I was just treading water... not really getting anywhere, not going backwards, just staying a float. Well...kind of.

I used to have a great attitude about times like this...I would think to myself, "this too shall pass" or "nothing is forever", knowing deep down that I won't always be doing what I am doing right now. (The un-fun stuff that is. The spilled milk, the spilled coffee, the tantrums, the colds, the coughs, the teething, the driving, and so on.)
In short, I used to be more positive.

I'm just tired. Anyway, one thing is for sure. I definately need to carve out that little something for me, otherwise I'm pretty sure I won't be much fun for anyone. What does one do? Schedule a bunch of solo mini-dates with myself? Pull out my violin?

P r a c t i c e?

I saw a pie-making class recently, that kind of appealed to me. I have never made pastry before, and I think if I could pull off some homemade pies, I might not only feel better...but I'll be a hero in my own house.

The possibilities are endless. I could master my craft and end up at the local farmers markets, then enter contests. This might be the thing I've been waiting for.

I am being a bit facetious, (yes, I'm tired) but do ask me about my pies in about a year.
Give me one year.

No comments:

Post a Comment